Sunday 4 March 2018

Review & Swatches: 3INA 'The Longwear Lipstick'


Happy Sunday my loves! I’m back with a brand new blogpost all about 3ina’s Longwear Lipsticks!

The brand 3ina (pronounced ‘mee-nah’) is not new to this blog so if you go to the search bar and search for 3ina you will see a couple of posts all about the brand. As I explained in previous posts, 3ina is a cruelty and paraben free company which offers an extensive range of products in a vast array of colours. This also applies to the 3ina Longwear Lipsticks which come in 20 different shades. Yes, you read that right – 20 shades! In this post I shall be reviewing the latest 4 shades they launched – 516, 517, 518 & 520.

The Longwear Lipsticks come in the shape of a liquid lipstick tube with a wand applicator. Once you apply it, it appears as a sort of pigmented lip gloss however, if you give it a couple of minutes it dries completely to an opaque matte. Personally, I like to apply two coats to get that full opaque lip which you’ll definitely get with these long-wear lipsticks as they are SO PIGMENTED! They are also true to name as they are very long-lasting – you can eat, drink, kiss and they won’t budge! The only downside to this is when it comes to removing them as they are so long-lasting that the only way I was able to remove them was with olive oil. I also want to add that before applying any of the Longwear Lipsticks make sure to scrub and exfoliate your lips so that the lipstick doesn’t accentuate any fine lines. Also, if you have dry, chapped lips like me, I advise you to dab a little bit of lip balm before so they’re smooth and hydrating as these tend to be a little bit drying – nothing some lip balm can’t solve though!



Let’s start with shade 516 – this is the most gorgeous nude ever. It doesn’t wash me out and I think is the perfect balance between brown and peach. This was very easy to apply and it dried to a beautiful matte nude lip. FAVE!

Shade 517 is more of a metallic golden brown. Personally, I’m not one to wear such a colour however, for those who like this colour, it’s a pretty golden brown. Application-wise this wasn’t my favourite as you need to be very careful to get an opaque application in order to have a smooth metallic look. It definitely requires two coats but if you’re patient you can get it to work out. 

Shade 518 is also a shade that I don’t usually go for, however, upon application, I LOVED IT! I don’t know why, but there’s something super cool about a dark brown lip – very 90s if you ask me. And I will definitely wear it again! Again, two coats are required for it to be fully opaque but once you apply them it’s gorgeous! SUPER PRETTY!

Shade 520 will definitely be one of my go-to shades this Spring. It’s a purplish-pink which sits beautifully on the lips. Since it’s a lighter shade than the others, this was easier to apply and to get an opaque application. FAVE!

(From Left to Right: 516, 517, 518 & 520)



Have you tried any of 3ina’s Longwear Lipsticks? Which shade is your favourite? 

Love, Thereseanne

No comments:

Post a Comment