Monday 24 July 2017

Self-Tanning with the Payot Elixir Range | Review & Demo*


We’re in the middle of the summer season, and who doesn’t like getting that luminous summer tan? Well, if we’re talking about sunbathing in the scorching sun to get a tan, then I’ll be the first one to admit that I don’t like sunbathing. The main reasons being that I like my pale skin and secondly, the effects of sun exposure on the skin are something that I’m really afraid of – remember that the effects will not show now or tomorrow but in the long run.

However, nowadays, the beauty industry has come up with a way for us to tan safely – sunless tanner! So in collaboration with Franks – The Art of Living Beautiful, today I’ll be sharing with you how I self-tan when I have that special event where I want to look all nice and sun kissed.  


Let’s get into it!

So after I hop in the shower and wash myself with some shower gel using a pair of mild exfoliating gloves and rinse myself, it’s time to exfoliate using a deep scrub. Today I’m using the Payot Elixir Gold Scrub. Like the tub it comes in, the scrub itself is gold (how cool is that?!). This is because it is rich in golden sugar cane grains mixed with jojoba oil. I take a good amount of the scrub and rub in circular motions all over my skin. Although it is quite a deep scrub, it’s still nourishing and creamy leaving your skin feel as soft as silk. And the scent, don’t get me started! It smells divine – it contains notes of myrrh and amyris so it’s quite wood-scented yet florally if you get what I mean. It comes in a pot of 200ml and despite it is slightly pricier than other scrubs, it’s a huge tub that will last you for quite a while, and in my opinion it’s quite worth it.


Now moving onto the tanning part. This was my first time self-tanning so I must admit I need some practice. However, the Payot Elixir Sublimant Mist comes in a spraying can which makes it for easy application. You only have to spray onto dried skin at a distance of around 40cm and leave it to dry without spreading. Just a warning; as soon as you spray it, it comes out as an oily sheen which you’d think won’t make a difference colour-wise but after a couple of hours the colour starts developing so I suggest waiting for the colour to develop before going in for another round. It applies quite uniform (so no patches) and leaves you with quite a natural tan. On my first application, the only issue I had is on my foot as I applied it too closely and quite heavily without waiting for it to develop so I was left with quite an orange foot HA! However, practice makes perfect and now I learned my lesson that I have to apply it from a distance and wait for it to develop. It also contains extract of black rose which leaves quite a luminous and soft effect on the skin.


As you can see, the difference is quite noticeable from one leg to another yet it still looks quite natural. Just in case you’d like to know, I applied 3 layers of tanner.  


Phew! If you made it this far, than thank you for reading through such a long and detailed post! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.


Payot products can be found in all Franks Outlets and now also online, 
through their website here
 Love, Thereseanne

No comments:

Post a Comment